Sunday, March 29, 2009

That dang left fender...


Well, I'm still stripping her down. It went a lot better this go around since I got the PB Blaster. You just spray that stuff on there, have a soda, and come back; then those stuck nuts come right off. I got two more doors off but that left fender did not want to come off.
I took loose all the bolts I saw on the left inner fender. I got the one on the inside of the door jam, but still nothing. There must be one under the front left headlight bezel that I missed, though. The weather was crappy and drab. Glad the car is in the garage.




The doors and fenders are in really good shape too. All the glass is intact and looks new. I think eventually I will have to remove the windows when the time comes. That is still a few weeks away. There was a lot going on this weekend, so it was hard to squeeze in time to work on the car. After a while, the frustration of that left fender started to set in as the day went on; and I decided to take a step back. I'll jump back on it again later, but I needed to spend some quality time with my little buddy, Clarence Jr.

5 comments:

  1. man that car look good. I'm jealous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just getting started on mine, but she's gonna be a beauty when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man get back to work on that car. I needs an update

    ReplyDelete
  4. After looking at these pictures I realized why it may take 1-2 years to complete this project. The radio seems to be in good condition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yeah. it's like i'm sculpting a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete